Shares of Frontier Communications Corp (NASDAQ:FTR) ended Thursday session in green amid volatile trading. The shares closed up +0.04 points or 0.85% at $4.77 with 15.79 million shares getting traded. Post opening the session at $4.75, the shares hit an intraday low of $4.71 and an intraday high of $4.80 and the price vacillated in this range throughout the day. The company has a market cap of $5.66 billion and the numbers of outstanding shares have been calculated to be 1.17 billion shares.
Frontier Communications Corp (FTR) on August 29, 2016 announced that following a public hearing on August 25, the Town of Goshen approved Frontier’s franchise agreement to offer new video services to town residents. The Town of Goshen is the first municipality in New York state to approve a franchise for Frontier to offer video services in its community.
The franchise agreement will now be submitted to the New York Public Service Commission (NY PSC) for review. The NY PSC must issue a Certificate of Confirmation of Franchise before Frontier is authorized to provide service.
“We want to thank Town Supervisor Douglas Bloomfield and the Goshen Town Council for their leadership in establishing the Town of Goshen as the first in New York state to approve Frontier’s video franchise,” said Debbie Bogdanski, General Manager of Frontier’s New York South area. “This important step brings Frontier closer to being able to offer residents our exciting new video service as a competitively priced alternative to cable TV providers.”
Shares of Hewlett Packard Enterprise Co (NYSE:HPE) ended Thursday session in red amid volatile trading. The shares closed down -0.71 points or -3.21% at $21.38 with 29.25 million shares getting traded. Post opening the session at $22.00, the shares hit an intraday low of $21.32 and an intraday high of $22.20 and the price vacillated in this range throughout the day. The company has a market cap of $22.20 million and the numbers of outstanding shares have been calculated to be 1.66 billion shares.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Co (HPE) on Sep 7, 2016 announced financial results for its fiscal 2016 third quarter, ended July 31, 2016.
- Third quarter GAAP diluted net earnings per share of $1.32, above the previously provided outlook of $1.10 to $1.14 per share
- Third quarter non-GAAP diluted net earnings per share of $0.49, above the previously provided outlook of $0.42 to $0.46 per share
- Third quarter net revenue of $12.2 billion, down 6% from the prior-year period and down 1% when adjusted for divestitures and currency
- Third quarter cash flow from operations of $1.7 billion, up 10% from adjusted cash flow from operations in the prior-year period
- Returned $1.5 billion to shareholders in the form of share repurchases and dividends
- Announced plans for a spin-off and merger of its non-core software assets with Micro Focus, valued at $8.8 billion