Shares of Micron Technology, Inc. (NASDAQ:MU) ended Tuesday session in red amid volatile trading. The shares closed down -0.40 points or -2.33% at $16.75 with 24.35 million shares getting traded. Post opening the session at $16.92, the shares hit an intraday low of $16.46 and an intraday high of $17.15 and the price vacillated in this range throughout the day. The company has a market cap of $17.74 billion and the numbers of outstanding shares have been calculated to be 1.04 billion shares.
Micron Technology, Inc. (MU) on Aug. 09, 2016 introduced the company`s first 3D NAND memory technology optimized for mobile devices and its first products based on the Universal Flash Storage (UFS) 2.1 standard. Micron`s initial mobile 3D NAND-based 32GB solution is targeted specifically for the high and mid-end smartphone segments which make up approximately 50 percent of worldwide smartphone volume. As mobile devices bypass personal computers as consumers` primary computing device, user behaviors heavily impact the device`s mobile memory and storage requirements. Micron`s mobile 3D NAND addresses these concerns, enabling an unparalleled user experience that includes seamless high definition video streaming, higher bandwidth gameplay, faster boot up times, camera performance and file loading.
“Micron continues to advance NAND technology with our introduction of 3D NAND and UFS products for the mobile segment,” said Mike Rayfield, vice president of Micron`s mobile business unit. “The improved performance, higher capacity and enhanced reliability of 3D NAND will help our customers meet the ever-growing demand for mobile storage and will enable much more exciting end user experiences.”
Shares of Facebook Inc (NASDAQ:FB) ended Tuesday session in red amid volatile trading. The shares closed down -1.48 points or -1.15% at $127.21 with 18.02 million shares getting traded. Post opening the session at $128.03, the shares hit an intraday low of $126.66 and an intraday high of $128.35 and the price vacillated in this range throughout the day. The company has a market cap of $369.87 billion and the numbers of outstanding shares have been calculated to be 2.32 billion shares.
Facebook Inc (FB) on July 27, 2016 reported financial results for the quarter ended June 30, 2016.
“Our community and business had another good quarter,” said Mark Zuckerberg, Facebook founder and CEO. “We’re particularly pleased with our progress in video as we move towards a world where video is at the heart of all our services.”
Second Quarter 2016 Operational Highlights
- Daily active users (DAUs) – DAUs were 1.13 billion on average for June 2016, an increase of 17% year-over-year.
- Mobile DAUs – Mobile DAUs were 1.03 billion on average for June 2016, an increase of 22% year-over-year.
- Monthly active users (MAUs) – MAUs were 1.71 billion as of June 30, 2016, an increase of 15% year-over-year.
- Mobile MAUs – Mobile MAUs were 1.57 billion as of June 30, 2016, an increase of 20% year-over-year.
Second Quarter 2016 Other Financial Highlights
- Mobile advertising revenue – Mobile advertising revenue represented approximately 84% of advertising revenue for the second quarter of 2016, up from approximately 76% of advertising revenue in the second quarter of 2015.
- Capital expenditures – Capital expenditures for the second quarter of 2016 were $995 million.
- Cash and cash equivalents and marketable securities – Cash and cash equivalents and marketable securities were $23.29 billion at the end of the second quarter of 2016.