Shares of Xerox Corp (NYSE:XRX) ended Friday session in red amid volatile trading. The shares closed down -0.01 points or -0.10% at $9.80 with 24.66 million shares getting traded. Post opening the session at $9.77, the shares hit an intraday low of $9.64 and an intraday high of $9.80 and the price vacillated in this range throughout the day. The company has a market cap of $9.91 billion and the numbers of outstanding shares have been calculated to be 1.01 billion shares.
On August 31, 2016 The innovative architecture of tiny, stainless steel nozzles inside the new Xerox (XRX) Direct to Object Inkjet Printer has created a new, label-less, on-demand method of personalizing three-dimensional objects.
The nozzles are contained in print heads – about the size of a deck of cards – that accurately spray ink on objects as small as bottle caps and as large as football helmets. The printer can print on plastic, metals, ceramics and glass, eliminating the need for costly labels.
“This innovation opens up a path for creating customized products instantly at a time when the consumer’s appetite is all about personalization,” said Brendan Casey, vice president of Xerox Engineering Services. “Imagine a sports fan coming home from a game with a helmet or ball that was personalized right at the stadium, or a retailer offering on-demand personalization on hundreds of different store items.”
Xerox uses enhanced image-quality algorithms to direct the microscopic nozzles half the width of a human hair. By accurately spraying ink at distances of one-quarter inch, the printer is able to print on smooth, rough, slightly curved or stepped surfaces at print resolutions ranging from 300 to 1,200 dpi. The printer can handle up to 30 objects per hour, with the ability to scale for production.
Shares of Facebook Inc (NASDAQ:FB) ended Friday session in green amid volatile trading. The shares closed up +0.72 points or 0.56% at $129.07 with 24.12 million shares getting traded. Post opening the session at $128.20, the shares hit an intraday low of $128.20 and an intraday high of $129.18 and the price vacillated in this range throughout the day. The company has a market cap of $366.38 billion and the numbers of outstanding shares have been calculated to be 2.32 billion shares.
Facebook Inc (FB) on July 27, 2016 reported financial results for the quarter ended June 30, 2016.
“Our community and business had another good quarter,” said Mark Zuckerberg, Facebook founder and CEO. “We’re particularly pleased with our progress in video as we move towards a world where video is at the heart of all our services.”
Second Quarter 2016 Operational Highlights
- Daily active users (DAUs) – DAUs were 1.13 billion on average for June 2016, an increase of 17% year-over-year.
- Mobile DAUs – Mobile DAUs were 1.03 billion on average for June 2016, an increase of 22% year-over-year.
- Monthly active users (MAUs) – MAUs were 1.71 billion as of June 30, 2016, an increase of 15% year-over-year.
- Mobile MAUs – Mobile MAUs were 1.57 billion as of June 30, 2016, an increase of 20% year-over-year.
Second Quarter 2016 Other Financial Highlights
- Mobile advertising revenue – Mobile advertising revenue represented approximately 84% of advertising revenue for the second quarter of 2016, up from approximately 76% of advertising revenue in the second quarter of 2015.
- Capital expenditures – Capital expenditures for the second quarter of 2016 were $995 million.
- Cash and cash equivalents and marketable securities – Cash and cash equivalents and marketable securities were $23.29 billion at the end of the second quarter of 2016.