Shares of CA Inc. (NASDAQ:CA) ended Friday session in green amid volatile trading. The shares closed up +0.28 points or 0.83% at $34.19 with 1.65 million shares getting traded. Post opening the session at $34.11, the shares hit an intraday low of $34.00 and an intraday high of $34.26 and the price vacillated in this range throughout the day. The company has a market cap of $14.44 billion and the numbers of outstanding shares have been calculated to be 418.95 million shares.
CA Inc. (CA) on August 22, 2016 announced that it has been positioned by Gartner, Inc. in the Leaders quadrant of its inaugural “Magic Quadrant for Application Release Automation.”*
The report evaluated CA Release Automation, which provides advanced capabilities to help organizations manage a complex and maturing continuous delivery pipeline.
Gartner assessed vendors that offer application release automation (ARA) tools that provide a combination of automation, environment modeling and release coordination capabilities to simultaneously improve the quality and velocity of application releases. According to the Gartner report, “These tools are a key part of enabling the DevOps goal of achieving continuous delivery with large numbers of rapid, small releases.”
The report also stated that, “The Leaders quadrant represents those vendors that are pushing the ARA market forward, including those that are comprehensively investing in all major ARA capabilities, which, when taken as a whole, reflects the diversity of enterprise needs. All leaders offer the high degree of flexibility, scalability and support critical to enterprise-level ARA investment success.”
“End-to-end automation of the software code pipeline is a requirement for agile organizations focused on quickly bringing innovations to market,” said Jeff Scheaffer, general manager, Continuous Delivery, CA Technologies. “We consider our positioning in the Leader’s quadrant by Gartner recognition of our commitment to providing an integrated and open continuous delivery ecosystem that enables organizations to deliver new applications to market quicker, with higher quality, and at a lower cost.”
Shares of Trina Solar Limited (ADR) (NYSE:TSL) ended Friday session in green amid volatile trading. The shares closed up at $10.49 with 635,439.00 million shares getting traded. Post opening the session at $10.53, the shares hit an intraday low of $10.49 and an intraday high of $10.58 and the price vacillated in this range throughout the day. The company has a market cap of $968.12 million and the numbers of outstanding shares have been calculated to be 4.28 billion shares.
Trina Solar Limited (ADR) (TSL) on Aug. 23, 2016 announced its unaudited financial results for the quarter ended June 30, 2016.
Second Quarter 2016 Financial and Operating Highlights
- Total module shipments were 1,658.3 MW, consisting of 1,619.0 MW of external shipments and 39.3 MW of shipments to the Company’s own downstream power projects. This compares with total shipments of 1,423.3 MW in the first quarter of 2016, consisting of 1,370.4 MW of external shipments and 52.9 MW of shipments to the Company’s own downstream power projects, and total shipments of 1,231.6 MW in the second quarter of 2015, consisting of 1,000.7 MW of external shipments and 230.9 MW of shipments to the Company’s own downstream projects.
- Net revenues were $961.6 million, compared with $816.9 million in the first quarter of 2016 and $722.9 million in the second quarter of 2015.
- Gross profit was $176.3 million, compared with $139.7 million in the first quarter of 2016 and $144.9 million in the second quarter of 2015.
- Gross margin was 18.3%, compared with 17.1% in the first quarter of 2016 and 20.0% in the second quarter of 2015.
- Operating income was $83.7 million, compared with $44.8 million in the first quarter of 2016 and $60.7 million in the second quarter of 2015.
- Net income attributable to Trina Solar’s ordinary shareholders was $40.3 million, compared with $26.6 million in the first quarter of 2016 and $40.9 million in the second quarter of 2015.
- Earnings per fully diluted American Depositary Share (“ADS” with each ADS representing 50 of the Company’s ordinary shares) were $0.42, compared with $0.29 in the first quarter of 2016 and $0.42 in the second quarter of 2015.
Mr. Jifan Gao, Chairman and CEO of Trina Solar, commented, “We had another solid quarter with major financial and operational metrics improving across the board. Module shipments during the quarter increased on a sequential and year-over-year basis to 1.66 GW. Module shipments were driven mainly by continued demand from China ahead of the expected subsidy policy adjustment. Our new production facility in Thailand is ramping up its capacity on schedule and is helping to strengthen our competitiveness in the U.S.
“Our downstream business performed well in China’s rapidly growing market as we connected 292.8 MW of utility projects and 28.0 MW of DG projects during the quarter. We also made progress overseas with the sale of 11.2 MW of projects in the U.K. and Italy during the quarter.