Shares of Horizon Pharma PLC (NASDAQ:HZNP) ended Wednesday session in green amid volatile trading. The shares closed up +0.47 points or 2.45% at $16.63 with 4.24 million shares getting traded. Post opening the session at $19.17, the shares hit an intraday low of $19.13 and an intraday high of $20.00 and the price vacillated in this range throughout the day. The company has a market cap of $3.16 billion and the numbers of outstanding shares have been calculated to be 160.90 million shares.
Horizon Pharma PLC (HZNP) on Aug. 08, 2016 announced its second-quarter 2016 financial results and confirmed its full-year 2016 net sales and adjusted EBITDA guidance.
“We exceeded our expectations for the second quarter with another quarter of record net sales and remain on track to meet our objectives for the full year,” said Timothy P. Walbert, chairman, president and chief executive officer, Horizon Pharma plc. “We continued to execute across all levels of the organization, generating new patient and prescription growth and advancing our pipeline of orphan medicines, including the completion of enrollment in our Phase 3 clinical trial for ACTIMMUNE in Friedreich’s ataxia and the submission of our supplemental new drug application for RAVICTI.”
- Second-quarter 2016 year-over-year sales growth of 49 percent was driven by strong execution across each of the Company’s business units: Orphan, Rheumatology and Primary Care. Medicines for rare diseases, which include RAVICTI®, ACTIMMUNE®, KRYSTEXXA® and BUPHENYL®, represented 36 percent of total net sales in the second quarter of 2016, an increase from 28 percent of total net sales in the second quarter of 2015.
- Second-quarter 2016 net income was $15.0 million. Second-quarter 2016 adjusted EBITDA was $121.1 million.
- On August 2, 2016, the Company announced it had secured covered status for DUEXIS® and VIMOVO® with CVS/Caremark. The Company was informed that beginning January 1, 2017, DUEXIS and VIMOVO will be removed from the CVS/Caremark exclusion list. In addition, Horizon continues discussions and negotiations with other pharmacy benefit managers and payers with the goal of further increasing patient access to its clinically relevant primary care medicines in 2017.
- On June 29, 2016, the Company submitted a supplemental New Drug Application (sNDA) to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for RAVICTI to expand its age range of use for chronic management of urea cycle disorders (UCDs) in adult and pediatric patients from two years of age and older to two months of age and older.
- On May 18, 2016, the Company entered into an agreement to acquire the worldwide rights to interferon gamma-1b, known as ACTIMMUNE in the United States, and expects to close the transaction by year-end 2016, subject to the satisfaction of closing conditions.
Shares of Express Scripts Holding Company (NASDAQ:ESRX) ended Wednesday session in red amid volatile trading. The shares closed down -0.53 points or -0.75% at $70.37 with 4.21 million shares getting traded. Post opening the session at $71.02, the shares hit an intraday low of $69.65 and an intraday high of $71.02 and the price vacillated in this range throughout the day. The company has a market cap of $44.68 billion and the numbers of outstanding shares have been calculated to be 630.22 million shares.
Express Scripts Holding Company (ESRX) on Aug. 31, 2016 announced the launch of its Diabetes Care Value Program℠, the industry’s most comprehensive approach to improve pharmacy care while controlling plan costs for people with diabetes.
The new program – part of the Express Scripts SafeGuardRx℠ suite of pharmacy solutions – combines a novel quality-based pharmacy network, a holistic approach to diabetes patient care and cost management, and financial guarantees that will significantly reduce participating plans’ anticipated increase in diabetes-drug spend for 2017.
“Diabetes is wreaking havoc on patients, and it is also a runaway driver of cost for payers,” said Glen Stettin, MD, Senior Vice President and Chief Innovation Officer at Express Scripts. “Our Diabetes Care Value Program helps our clients and diabetes patients prevail over the cost and care challenges created by this terrible disease.”