Shares of American Express Company (NYSE:AXP) ended Thursday session in green amid volatile trading. The shares closed up +0.35 points or 0.55% at $63.83 with 4.66 million shares getting traded. Post opening the session at $63.40, the shares hit an intraday low of $63.26 and an intraday high of $64.17 and the price vacillated in this range throughout the day. The company has a market cap of $57.59 billion and the numbers of outstanding shares have been calculated to be 923.78 million shares.
On September 6, 2016 Millennial business travellers are driving technological change as consumer travel habits continue to impact the business travel experience and corporate travel policy, according to the GBTA Global Business Traveler Sentiment Index™, in partnership with American Express.
The research, which includes a survey of 405 UK business travellers, examines satisfaction with all aspects of business travel, and pinpoints the increasing use of technological innovation.
Key UK findings from the research include:
- 51% of company travel policies now allow use of ride share services, suggesting that many companies have ensured their policy reflects the new providers and technologies available.
- Over the next three months, just over one-in-ten (11%) UK business travelers think they will increase their use of ride share services, such as Uber and Lyft. This is primarily driven by younger travellers – over a quarter (28%) of Millennials say they will increase their use of ride share services. None of those over the age of 55 surveyed have plans to increase usage.
- Home sharing usage is not yet as widespread as other shared services. Just 28% of company travel policies allow home sharing services, such as Airbnb and HomeAway to be used.
- However, almost one in ten respondents (9%) think they will imminently increase their use of home share services. The age divide is, again, evident: 22% of Millennials say they will do so, compared to only 1% of those over 55 years old.
Shares of Barclays PLC (ADR) (NYSE:BCS) ended Thursday session in green amid volatile trading. The shares closed up +0.04 points or 0.45% at $8.99 with 4.58 million shares getting traded. Post opening the session at $8.90, the shares hit an intraday low of $8.87 and an intraday high of $9.01 and the price vacillated in this range throughout the day. The company has a market cap of $37.68 billion and the numbers of outstanding shares have been calculated to be 16.91 billion shares.
On September 16, 2016 After thirteen weeks of intensive product development, mentoring and networking, 10 companies will showcase their innovative FinTech propositions at a demo day in New York, marking the culmination of the second New York class of the Barclays Accelerator. The 10 teams were selected from a pool of nearly 800 applicants, making this the most competitive Barclays Accelerator program to date.
“This second New York class of the Barclays Accelerator program has been an outstanding success,” said Michael Harte, Group Head of Innovation. “Our partnership with Techstars uniquely enables our network and partners to foster entrepreneurship inside and outside Barclays, and across our customers and clients. Our program together opens doors to mentorship and business development, and enables us to all learn, grow and create value together.”
An audience of more than 500 industry leaders, entrepreneurs, senior executives and corporate partners will attend the event to hear from the 10 companies. Each of the companies will present their propositions on how they are shaping the future of financial services, and will outline the progress they have made over the 13 weeks since the start of the program.
The companies from this Barclays Accelerator have engaged with a variety of Barclays’ businesses to investigate the implementation of new technologies:
- Alpha Exchange is working with Barclays Research to create a pioneering research platform, with the startup building an innovative open network that brings together the collective intelligence of the capital markets community
- Windrush is working with Barclays Research on the implementation of a data visualization platform leveraging machine learning technology
- AcuteIQ is working with Barclaycard US to run an online marketing campaign using artificial intelligence for one of the customer segments, with a view to increase card applications online at a much lower acquisition cost per customer
“It is incredible to be part of the thriving FinTech ecosystem in New York and play an active role in the transformation of the finance industry. The 10 startups in this class are each tackling a different part of financial services, providing further indication that the category is a massive market opportunity. Working closely with Barclays has proven to be a strong collaboration opportunity for the startups and the Techstars community,” said Jenny Fielding, Managing Director, Techstars.