Shares of GoPro Inc (NASDAQ:GPRO) ended Monday session in green amid volatile trading. The shares closed up +0.35 points or 2.72% at $13.20 with 102.94 million shares getting traded. Post opening the session at $12.61 the shares hit an intraday low of $12.58 and an intraday high of $13.53 and the price vacillated in this range throughout the day. The company has a market cap of $1.74 billion and the numbers of outstanding shares have been calculated to be 102.94 million shares.
GoPro Inc (GPRO) on July 27, 2016 announced financial results for its second quarter ended June 30, 2016.
Recent GoPro Highlights Include
- Since the May rebranding of Quik and Splice, these mobile apps have doubled their combined monthly active users to 3.7 million and doubled the amount of shared content each month. Combined, these apps have 37 million cumulative downloads.
- The GoPro Mobile App was downloaded 2.6 million times in the second quarter, totaling over 30 million cumulative downloads; Q2 installs of GoPro Studio was 1.5 million, totaling over 17.7 million cumulative installs, with average daily video exports up 15.3% year-over-year to over 43,500.
- According to The NPD Group’s Retail Tracking Service, GoPro accounted for 6 of the top 10 products, including the top 3 spots, on a unit basis in the digital camera/camcorder category in the U.S. in the second quarter. HERO4 Silver remains the best-selling digital image camera on a unit and dollar basis for the seventh consecutive quarter. By our estimate, Session continues to be the #2 best-selling camera on a unit basis.
- According to NPD, GoPro’s second quarter combined digital camera/camcorder unit share increased 110 basis points year-over-year to 21.3% in the U.S.
- According to GfK, GoPro’s second quarter digital imaging unit share in Europe increased 110 basis points year-over-year to 9.4%. GoPro accounted for 4 of the top 5 camcorders in Europe on a unit basis.
- Revenue was up 20% to $221 million sequentially, driven by an 8% increase in units shipped to 759,000 and an 11% increase in average selling price. On a year-over-year basis, average selling price increased 14%.
“GoPro is well-positioned for the second half of the year. We now have a simple product line, a clean retail channel and clear indications of strong consumer demand,” said GoPro Founder and CEO, Nicholas Woodman. “HERO5 and Karma will contribute to the largest introduction of products in our history, all in time for what we believe will be GoPro’s most exciting fourth quarter, ever — a quarter where we expect to return to profitability.”
Shares of Under Armour Inc (NYSE:UA) ended Monday session in green amid volatile trading. The shares closed up +0.90 points or 2.35% at $39.26 with 183.39 million shares getting traded. Post opening the session at $38.22 the shares hit an intraday low of $38.08 and an intraday high of $39.35 and the price vacillated in this range throughout the day. The company has a market cap of $15.72 billion and the numbers of outstanding shares have been calculated to be 183.39 million shares.
On Aug. 30, 2016 Under Armour Inc (UA) Maryland Governor Larry Hogan, Maryland Secretary of Commerce Mike Gill, Baltimore County Executive Kevin Kamenetz and Tradepoint Development Executive Vice President Eric Gilbert announced the company’s plan to open a 1.3 million square-foot distribution and warehouse facility at Sparrows Point in Baltimore County, as part of the Tradepoint Atlantic redevelopment project. This will be Under Armour’s fourth distribution facility in the United States and the second in the surrounding area of the company’s headquarters in Baltimore, Maryland. The other Maryland facility is located in Curtis Bay and will continue to operate in addition to its Rialto, California and Mount Juliet, Tennessee distribution houses. The establishment of the Sparrows Point distribution house, which is expected to open in the summer of 2018, is a collaboration with state and local officials to employ approximately 1,000 employees in the Baltimore area once the facility is operating at its full capacity. The facility will feature state-of-the-art equipment and systems to enhance Under Armour’s product distribution to its expanding consumer base through its e-commerce business.
“We take great pride in collaborating with Governor Hogan, Secretary Gill, Baltimore County Executive Kamenetz, Tradepoint Atlantic and the many other state and local officials who share our commitment to create economic and job opportunities for the greater Baltimore community and Maryland as a whole,” said Under Armour Founder and CEO Kevin Plank. “The new Distribution House will be a top-notch service engine for our e-commerce business to deliver the right product, to the right place at the right time to our growing consumer base and athletes around the world.”
“Under Armour is a true Maryland success story, and this new e-commerce center is another way they are showing their commitment to our state and to the Baltimore region,” said Governor Larry Hogan. “As a pivotal new tenant at Tradepoint Atlantic, Under Armour will play a big part in this site’s resurgence to a center of economic activity and trade. We applaud Kevin Plank and his team for the visionary decision to open their latest distribution house – and create 1,000 jobs over the coming years – right here in Maryland.”