Shares of Michael Kors Holdings Ltd (NYSE:KORS) ended Friday session in red amid volatile trading. The shares closed down -1.44 points or -2.93% at $47.73 with 169.01 million shares getting traded. Post opening the session at $49.00 the shares hit an intraday low of $47.72 and an intraday high of $49.00 and the price vacillated in this range throughout the day. The company has a market cap of $7.95 billion and the numbers of outstanding shares have been calculated to be 169.01 million shares.
On September 6, 2016 Michael Kors (KORS), a global luxury lifestyle brand, is excited to introduce the MICHAEL KORS ACCESS display smartwatch, part of its new wearable technology accessories line. The line is geared towards the fashion-focused consumer and combines innovative technology with exceptional style from a leader in luxury fashion.
The cutting-edge technology at the heart of the MICHAEL KORS ACCESS smartwatch, which is compatible with both iPhone® and Android™ phones, is made possible through a partnership with Google, using their Android Wear™ smartwatch platform.
Designed to show that technology and social connectivity should be seamless, the MICHAEL KORS ACCESS line, which also includes activity trackers, proves that access can be both glamorous and effortless. “Our customers love fashion and they’re plugged in 24/7,” says Michael Kors. “I think they’ll appreciate having social connectivity and health and fitness tracking all within a great-looking accessory.”
Shares of Energous Corp (NASDAQ:WATT) ended Friday session in red amid volatile trading. The shares closed down -0.87 points or -5.70% at $14.39 with 17.04 million shares getting traded. Post opening the session at $14.41 the shares hit an intraday low of $14.03 and an intraday high of $14.96 and the price vacillated in this range throughout the day. The company has a market cap of $214.60 million and the numbers of outstanding shares have been calculated to be 17.04 million shares.
Energous Corp (WATT) on August 09, 2016 announced financial results for the second quarter ended June 30, 2016 and provided an update on its operational progress.
- Announced a private placement of $20 million from Malcolm Fairbairn, the principal of Ascend Capital LLC (a multi-billion dollar hedge fund manager based in California) and certain affiliates, representing an increase from their previously acquired stake in the company. They provided early stage funding to Energous at its founding and have been valued long-term investors.
- Announced that the company met a significant delivery milestone in July with its top-tier strategic partner representing substantial progress toward achieving full integration into the partner’s consumer devices. Also generated an invoice for engineering-related services, based on the achievement of additional technology milestones with the strategic partner.
- Signed four new development and licensing agreements during the quarter, spanning the full complement of WattUp transmitter categories: Miniature, Midsize, and Full-size, bringing the total number of licensing agreements to five. The company is currently focusing on 30 active prospective licensees and plans to hire additional engineers to allow Energous to support an additional 50 who have expressed an interest in integrating the company’s WattUp technology.
- In addition to the four new licensing agreements, the company signed agreements to develop “proof of concept” prototypes with two tier-one companies. These engagements bypass an evaluation period and proceed directly to the integration of the WattUp technology in these potential licensees’ respective consumer devices.
- Said that expansion of its licensee base is occurring at a faster pace than the company’s original projections.