Shares of Energous Corp (NASDAQ:WATT) ended Tuesday session in green amid volatile trading. The shares closed up +0.07 points or 0.38% at $18.26 with 555,170.00 shares getting traded. Post opening the session at $18.48, the shares hit an intraday low of $18.02 and an intraday high of $18.76 and the price vacillated in this range throughout the day. The company has a market cap of $322.17 million and the numbers of outstanding shares have been calculated to be 17.04 million shares.
Energous Corp (WATT) on August 09, 2016 announced financial results for the second quarter ended June 30, 2016 and provided an update on its operational progress.
- Announced a private placement of $20 million from Malcolm Fairbairn, the principal of Ascend Capital LLC (a multi-billion dollar hedge fund manager based in California) and certain affiliates, representing an increase from their previously acquired stake in the company. They provided early stage funding to Energous at its founding and have been valued long-term investors.
- Announced that the company met a significant delivery milestone in July with its top-tier strategic partner representing substantial progress toward achieving full integration into the partner’s consumer devices. Also generated an invoice for engineering-related services, based on the achievement of additional technology milestones with the strategic partner.
- Signed four new development and licensing agreements during the quarter, spanning the full complement of WattUp transmitter categories: Miniature, Midsize, and Full-size, bringing the total number of licensing agreements to five. The company is currently focusing on 30 active prospective licensees and plans to hire additional engineers to allow Energous to support an additional 50 who have expressed an interest in integrating the company’s WattUp technology.
- In addition to the four new licensing agreements, the company signed agreements to develop “proof of concept” prototypes with two tier-one companies. These engagements bypass an evaluation period and proceed directly to the integration of the WattUp technology in these potential licensees’ respective consumer devices.
- Said that expansion of its licensee base is occurring at a faster pace than the company’s original projections.
Shares of Molson Coors Brewing Co (NYSE:TAP) ended Tuesday session in red amid volatile trading. The shares closed down -0.40 points or -0.39% at $102.20 with 1.45 million shares getting traded. Post opening the session at $102.58, the shares hit an intraday low of $102.06 and an intraday high of $102.97 and the price vacillated in this range throughout the day. The company has a market cap of $21.92 billion and the numbers of outstanding shares have been calculated to be 193.92 million shares.
Molson Coors Brewing Co (TAP) on August 11, 2016 announced that payments technology executive Betty DeVita has joined its board of directors. Her nomination was approved at the Company’s most recent Annual Stockholder meeting.
DeVita is the chief commercial officer, Commerce Platform, at Mastercard, focused on expanding adoption of the company’s digital solutions. Mastercard operates the world’s fastest payments processing network, connecting consumers, financial institutions, merchants, governments and businesses in more than 210 countries and territories.
“We welcome Betty to our board and look forward to benefitting from her extensive experience leveraging consumer insights and digital commerce,” said Geoff Molson, Chairman of Molson Coors Brewing Company. “She brings tremendous capabilities in the areas of global brand building, innovation and building value-added partnerships around the world, all of which are essential ingredients in our pursuit of becoming the first choice for consumers and customers.”